Wednesday, January 30, 2008
(curtis) rebecca-ben carson
Ben Carson's mother dropped out of school in 3rd grade, and was married at the tender age of 13. She had two sons; Benjamin and Curtis. She was left to raise both boys alone when she divorced their father. In 5th grade, the boys' education was at stake; everyone who knew them thought they were illiterate, that they were, as their classmates put it, "dummies". Their mother took immediate action. They weren't permitted to go outside and play until all homework was done; they had to read two library books per week, and write a book report for their mother to check, even though she c could barely read them with her limited knowledge. The boys then started to excel in school, were at the top of their class, and eventually, Ben Carson accomplished his dream of being a neurosurgeon. Ben Carson's life relates to my personal goals because I was a victim of this kind of name-calling, though I've now overcome the people who just feel t the need to hurt others, I haven't overcome those who don't believe I can be a veterinarian. That is my goal, it's what I want to be, but people don't think I can do it. How can you do something when the people who are supposed to support you and make you feel good about yourself are the ones making you feel worthless? My objective is to be like Ben Carson, and follow my dreams and ignore those who would like to hurt me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment