Friday, January 25, 2008
Ben Carson By Anh Nguyen
Ben Carson’s life is somewhat similar to my personal goals/life. When I was younger, I couldn’t speak English. The other kids would tease me and say things to me but I couldn’t understand them. However I could still tell they were making fun of me. So that result me in hating and not enjoying school at all. Therefore I wasn’t paying attention to my teachers and I failed horribly in Kindergarten and First grade. Then my mom came into the picture. She knew it was hard to watch me struggle in school, because I didn’t understand any thing. Therefore she made me so many children’s books and improved my English. My mom would also make me memorize the books and read it back to her. Even though she could barely speak English, she pushed me on and knew I was improving so much! Finally in 2nd grade I could speak English fluently and I have my mom to thanks because if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be in this class right now typing on a laptop, the 21st century program has given to me and reached a goal. (Which was getting in the 21st century program) Therefore I am just as thankful as Ben Carson to have my mom help me reach my goals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment