Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Law of Attraction ECR


“Like attracts like.” This saying can mean so much, but at the same time it means nothing at all. People often think about if their decisions really affect the world around them. Famous people have said that you should make good choices or they will come back to haunt you. This is true to its word. But what exactly does this have to do with the law if Attraction? TLoA states that “like attracts like” meaning that positive thoughts and ideas will go with other positive ideas. According to these principles, from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep, the way you think and act will determine what happens in your day.

I don’t have many opinions on this whole ‘law of attraction’ thing, but I can say that I personally think it’s true to some extent. Just based on my personal beliefs I think that it really depends on how you look at it and how you look at life how TLoA apples to you. Sometimes I don’t always see it as the best way to understand why something happens. “If you think that you will get bills in the mail, then when you look in the mail you will get bills.” Authors and other people from the movie The Secret say that this is true. However when it comes down to what’s right and what’s wrong, it really doesn’t matter how you think about what will happen. If you’re going to get a bill, it will come anyway regardless of if you want it or not.

TLoA has good points and ideas, but I cannot ignore the flaws or misunderstood concepts about it. They say that if you really want or truly desire something, your will power and thoughts alone can “bring” whatever it is that you want. I do not believe that ideas like this are why people should pursue their dreams but based on their personal values and goals. Just because you have the ability to wish you had something doesn’t mean that it will magically materialize and happen. Also in the movie the Secret some of the people in it mentioned and talked about the chain reaction event. How if you walk out to check your mail and all you think about is getting that bill in the mail, you will end up getting it. And it will continue to happen until you realize and say, “I’m not going to get any more bills.” While how you think may have some affect on your life, we cannot control what happens to us all the time.

I believe that TLoA defines many things but really shouldn’t be considered a principle in which people live by. While it has holes to it, I don’t have a fully one-sided opinion so I can’t exactly say whether or not it’s right. Thoughts are important but don’t control our world. “Like attracts like.” People often think of this as a basic rule of life. It all comes down to your own personal feelings and if you think you can influence others. We do shape, to some extent, our futures so the decisions we make now will follow us into the future and beyond.

No comments: